Great Things I Noticed this Week:
- 1st graders checking out the cutest pet contest choices and then writing an opinion paper about why they think their favorite pet should win. Nice way to tie in a school even to writing!
- College students visiting classrooms to talk about what it is like to be in college.
- Students researching a college and creating a college pennant with the information they learned.
- Students exploring occupations of interest to them.
- Students researching a famous person of interest to them, including if and where they went to college.
- Students exploring college/career/military tracks and completing their college applications.
- Students asking staff (other than their classroom teacher) what college they went to.
- The many ideas that were generated for college promotion at last week's PD day were amazing and definitely warrant a committee for this next year so this can be a part of our culture all year next year!
- A SMOOTH start to Forward testing with our 4th graders that is due to the preparation in classrooms leading up to this. 3/5th grade-you should know that there were NO technical issues (**knock on wood**) so it should be smooth when you start testing too!
What an Awesome week!!!
Today (Friday): the MEGA state send-off for youth wrestling, MS forensics and FBLA. Talk about #DodgelandPride!!
--Just a reminder that I'll be out of the building today (through Monday) for the ASCD conference in California.
Spring Break - Enjoy, Relax, Refresh, Rejuvenate!!!!!
Tuesday, April 4th -end of 3rd Quarter (Can you believe it?!)
Wednesday, April 5th - GRADES DUE!
Friday, April 7th - report cards distributed