Pages

Jan 17, 2012

Mid-week update

Quite a few questions have come my way the past week, which lets me know I haven't clearly communicated to everyone, so here's an update to hopefully clear it all up:

Q. What meeting is When?
*Wednesday, January 18 is a K-12 staff meeting for Mr. Wallesverd and Mr. Modaff to communicate tech budgeting plans for next year.  K-3 staff will get to leave and 4/5th grade staff will stay for some additional information. The MS/HS staff meeting will continue after those updates.

*Our Elementary Professional Learning Meeting is moved to NEXT week on Wednesday, January 25.

*The Tech Tuesday is also now having to be moved to Tuesday,
January 31st to talk google docs (MS/HS staff will also be invited).


Q. What am I doing wrong with the google calendar for the computer lab? I signed up, but two of us ended up in there at the same time!
Here's the common problem I'm finding. When you first create an event, it usually defaults to your own personal calendar which is only visible to you. You have to make sure to change it to the "El Lab 102" calendar or no one will see that you are scheduled for the lab.  It looks like this:
WRONG WAY

RIGHT WAY
Q. What's the schedule for Report & Planning day?
My schedule for you...report and plan! :) (Actually, MY schedule includes a couple of free online webinars I found to learn from). If you remember from the start of the year, instead of having 4 days of leaving at 3:00 (which is crazy to keep track of), you can all leave by 1:30 on Monday if you would like.

Q. How do we get started with IXL? Do you want information sent home?
I'm still trying to figure it out myself so I can send you detailed information. Teachers designated for each grade level should have received an email with information to login and start adding students to your roster...as you type names, they should automatically pop up. One teacher started this, but did find a few students not showing up (and then forgot to save which meant she lost them!) I'm hoping to get you info by Thursday afternoon.

Q. I lost your email (or a meeting date), can you send it again? 
That's the wonderful thing about my memo blog...you receive my entire post in your email (and probably forget that it's from my blog), but if you just go to http://johnsonmemo.blogspot.com you will see all my previous memos and the google calendar of staff/student events on the right side. If you remember there was a post about something a few weeks or months ago that you want to find, but don't want to scroll down through several pages, on the bottom right side you'll find a blog archive that looks like this:
This shows you the most recent posts. If you want to find something back from 2011, just click that little triangle next to it and it will show you previous months:
My goal is to make things super easy for you to find!

Q. Are you going to cancel school tomorrow?

I just had to throw that one in for fun...are the kids asking you this as much as they're asking me!? ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Mid-week memos- I love them!! This info was super helpful :o)

    ReplyDelete