Pages

Feb 5, 2012

Monday Memo - Week of February 6

Great Things I Noticed Last Week:
*During a Daily 5 Check-In, one student said "I need to read-to-self again, because I just HAVE to finish the chapter I'm on!" (Reminds me how I feel when I know I really should go to bed!)
*When a class encountered computer issues while waiting for the SMI test to start, students began reading their books without even being told to do so.
*A 4th grade class held a "Mystery Skype" for digital learning day and then blogged about their experience:
-"we all worked as a team"
-"It helps us learn technology for the future.We might only use computers in the future."
-"One thing I learned was to be good at mapping. It also helps us with social studies."
-"Something I want to work on would be learning my regions better."




Events this Week:
Monday -  Mentors Meeting at 3:05
Tuesday - I will be gone with several staff members at an RTI Math Conference (can't wait to see what we will bring back to share with you all).
Wednesday - Data Day (5K AM/2nd PM)
Friday - Data Day (5th AM/4th PM)
(3rd and 1st Data Day is next Wednesday, February 15th)


"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Please click HERE to vote for what you want to learn about in our next Tech Tuesday.
 *Did you do something interesting with your students last week for Digital Learning Day?  If so, please let me know so I can share it along with my list of other neat activities at the next School Board Meeting.

Tech Tips:
*Still wondering what Mystery Skype is?  Here's a blog post from a teacher in Massachusettes that explains it.

No comments:

Post a Comment