Pages

Feb 1, 2013

Friday Focus - Feb 1


Great Things I Noticed Last Week:

  • With the inclement weather and early release on Thursday I was amazed by how well classes were still focused and working hard. I thought for sure everyone would be "wild about the weather" but as I visited classrooms I even saw students focused in Daily 5 right before we dismissed at 1:00. Great job of keeping things normal for our students and to everyone that helped out a colleague to help make sure parent phone calls were made. 

Events Next Week:
Monday- I will be out in the afternoon
Wednesday - Digital Learning Day- a day to try something new with technology! Here's the website for Digital Learning Day to learn more.
Friday - 2nd Quarter Dodgeland Pride Assembly at 2:00-the calendar says 2:00, but we will start early before parents, because someone will be getting "stuck for a buck" for Jump Rope for Heart
Feb. 12- Grade Level Meetings (we will be moving the magnets!)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes
  • Please see Mr. Mane's emails this past week about our upcoming Art Show in March.  This pre-planning gives us time to get art work up in the hallways so the Art Show can be spread throughout the elementary building.  Thank you to the fundraiser committee for planning this. 
  • I know I haven't been in classrooms much this week and it will continue that way next week as well. I am finishing up ACCESS testing for our ELL students and will then by happy to be back out of my office. :)
  • If you were curious what website was used for students to go on the Dinosaur Adventure during Indoor Recess, it is from Adventure to Fitness  You can sign up for a free account and then access several videos of different adventures.

Blogs, Tweets, and Pins...Oh My!

No comments:

Post a Comment