Pages

Dec 18, 2015

Friday Focus - December 18, 2015

*Thank you to everyone for the fun in the Christmas photo booth!  I will be uploading them all to a google drive folder to share with you in case you'd like to use them and will be printing them for the staff lounge. I'm so thankful to work with a group of professionals that can also take time to breathe and have a few laughs!
Please feel free to borrow the background/props for your class if you'd like!

Events Next Week:
Monday - Guest Author presentations in the IMC (see schedule that was emailed)
*Packer Monday
Tuesday - after school Bucket Fillers are going caroling at Clearview
Wednesday - Festive Holiday Attire


"Nuts & Bolts" Notes
*I know that you're all counting down the days, but please remember to try to keep things as normal as you can (I know that's hard to do). Also keep in mind the parent perceptions...if students come home saying all they did was watch movies and have parties then parents will be more likely to take students out of school on these days in the future. We can still learn a lot while tying in the theme of the year.

There's many of you on the Naughty List right now! To get back on the Nice list before Christmas, please do the following:
*Please sign up HERE for me to read to your class/talk about reading resolutions the first week back from vacation. 
*In addition to me reading/talking to classes about reading I'd also like to put together a bulletin board again to show students that all of the staff are readers too! (See an example below).  Before break I ask that EVERYONE (certified and support staff) email Marie a picture of yourself with a holding a book in front of you to hide your face. Please pick either your favorite book or your favorite genre. If you need to have Marie take your picture, just come on down to the office with your iPad and book so she can.  Marie will be printing the pictures for me (and keeping track of who still needs to do their homework to stay on Santa's Nice list). 


Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!
*Mentor Texts for Nonfiction Text Structures
*An old favorite of mine that I love to read when thinking about Reading Resolutions: I Resolve to Read by Donalyn Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment