Pages

Nov 18, 2016

Friday Focus - November 18, 2016



Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*Our students were SO well behaved at last Friday's Veterans Day assembly. I know that this is due to your preparation in classrooms for them to understand why we were gathered together, how to show respect and honor to our Veterans and how to sit so respectfully throughout the long assembly. I noticed one particular student look directly into each Veterans' eyes as he shook their hands and say, "Thank you for your service" to each one. It was SO amazing to see!
*2nd graders spreading positive messages to student lockers throughout the entire school (4K-12th!) They had to use math, word choice, and teamwork to prepare that many post-its of positive messages.
*Students in writing partners, providing each other with feedback and questions to help each other revise their writing to add in descriptive details.
*I know the full moon had some effects while I was out Tuesday/Wednesday...I thank those of you who helped out with student issues while I was gone. Your teamwork here is incredible!

Upcoming Events: 
Wednesday-Friday - Happy Thanksgiving Break!
(No Friday Focus post next week)
Monday, November 28 - Mentors/Mentees meeting
Wednesday, November 30 - Public Library Tree ornaments due to Mrs. Haan (the tree lighting is on Dec 4th)


"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*The Badgers have some brain break videos that your students might enjoy: Badgers Give Back
*Just a reminder to complete this survey to let me know your professional needs for our Dec 8 PD Day: http://bit.ly/129needs
*Please let me know if you would like to serve on our Title 1 Schoolwide planning team. This can count towards an Alt Comp professional activity. If you have any questions about this team, you can feel free to ask Mrs. Huelsman, Mrs. Madsen or me.
*We will be completing our winter AIMSWeb testing in Math December 1-8th, with more info to come later.

Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!!!
*Teaching Main Idea of Non Fiction Text - 3 Different Ways




















No comments:

Post a Comment