Pages

Dec 10, 2016

The Weekend Warrior Post

The week is over...what?! Yes, that means I missed getting my Friday Focus post out, my apologies! I know you worked super hard this week, especially Friday so I'll keep this as short as I can!


Upcoming Events:
Monday - Mid Quarter!! Send progress reports home this week

 - I will be at CESA 6 (with Mrs. Huelsman and Mrs. Madsen) for training on going schoolwide Title 1











Nuts & Bolts Notes:

  • 3-5th grade teachers: Here is the video I mentioned that you can show your students about growth mindset in math: Four Boosting Math Messages
  • I'm sure you've already noticed a change...we're at the time of year where students start behaving differently. Some of our students are super excited for the countdown to Christmas, they get to enjoy holiday shopping or special time of making Christmas cookies and ornaments, they're getting excited about going on a special trip or seeing extended families, etc.  For some of our families, this is not a holly, jolly time of year.  Some of our students are feeling the adult stress of everything that has to get done before Christmas, they might be hearing threats that "Santa won't be coming," or they could be hearing adult arguments/discussions about financial stresses at this time of year. For students in these situations, we are likely seeing the affects of this on them manifest in their behaviors/emotions.  We can't control what's happening in any of our students' lives, but we can control our classrooms to still be consistently structured (to not add more chaos to their days) and show them the caring relationships that they may not be getting at home right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment