Pages

Nov 10, 2017

Friday Focus - November 1, 2017


Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*5th graders SO engaged in listening to their read-aloud book, that they asked for it to pause several times so they could jot down what they were thinking about the text. I don't think I have ever seen students so engaged in thinking about reading before!
*4th graders making personal connections to a non-fiction topic so they could make a commitment to read it...and then they did with eager curiosity as they dug into different topics!
*Students writing positive comments to others in their small group to recognize what they noticed in their writing.
*4K students starting out their day with calming yoga and breathing. (Ok, let's be real, I think I could start everyday that way!!)

Events Next Week:
Friday - Dodgeland Pride Assembly starting at 2:30
(I can hardly believe there's no other events this week, whew! Breathe.)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
  • Please talk to your students about the Pride assembly so that any new students will know what to expect and for all to review behavior expectations. 

Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!!!
*Great blog post on all those issues with Writing Unit of Study that seems to go on forever: Units of Study that Go On Forever: Solving Predictable Problems
*Are you feeling stressed? Me to. I came across this post just when I needed it: Building Resilience, Preventing Burnout What action are you going to take to keep yourself energized?






No comments:

Post a Comment