Pages

Feb 7, 2019

Friday Focus - February 8, 2019 (early on a snow day for you!)

Great Things I Noticed this Week
*Well, only 1 snow day this week. That means 3 more days of learning than last week! ;)
*1st grade word detectives figuring out how to split words into two syllables. 

*2nd graders turned back to back with their math partners as they individually solved a problem. Then they tapped the shoulder of their partner to signal when they were done and waited until both were done to check answers with each other. This kept students quiet and focused independently until they were both read to talk about how they solved it. 
*Kindergartners applying their jolly phonics to independently read some big words all on their own!


Upcoming Events: *Hopefully a 5 day week!!*
Tuesday - $1 for JRFH Hat day
-Mrs. Huelsman and I will be out of the building for an Educlimber training
Workout Wednesday - I will announce students of the month at the start of the day
Thursday - P/T conferences 4-7:30 (I am still open 5:30-7:30 if you need me to join you for any of your conferences)
Friday - I will be out of the building for Pyramid Model training


"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Thank you so much for such great dialogue about student ownership of learning in our staff meeting. I only wish I could have been a part of every discussion!  I recorded all of your ideas in this google doc: Notes In the google doc you will also see under the question for ways to engage students, I added this resource for iReady: iReady Data chats for after the second diagnostic
*As you get ready to celebrate Valentines with your class, please remember this should be a class event, not a full day. Every minute matters and the more you get out of the normal routine...the more your students will!!!
*Mark your calendars in advance--the Kilowatt Kitchen performance has been rescheduled for Monday, May 20th. Grades K/1/3 at 1:30, Grades 2/4/5 at 2:15.


Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!!!
*Four Ways to Support Colleagues Who are Supporting Students in Crisis
*Student Goal Setting in the Elementary











No comments:

Post a Comment