Pages

Aug 17, 2011

What to expect from the "Johnson Memo" blog

I started adding schedules that you can find by clicking on the "schedules" tab above. Thank you to those of you that already caught my mistake of uploading last year's core schedule--I already changed it. 

I plan to use this Blog this year to send out a "Friday Focus" and a "Monday Memo."  I may add in other reflections and other resources as well.  As you scroll down on the right side of the blog you will find:

--Poll question-this is just for fun and I'm not sure if I'll be creative enough to change this each week throughout the year, but I am already excited to find out who voted that they traveled to another country!
--The staff calendar.  This is through google calendar which I think you will find a useful tool this year, although I am still learning how to use it.
--"Subscribe via email" you can just enter in your email address to have each of my new posts automatically emailed to you.  I believe it will go into your junk mail the first time, but then if you click "not junk" it should be good to go (I hope!) My hope is that this will work for everyone and I won't have to do "double duty" of updating the blog and emailing to let you know.  Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
--My "Shelfari" this is an online tool I use to log each book I read. This "shelf" shows the most recent books I finished reading.  I figured that since you are modeling for your students that you are readers, I will model for you as well. :)  I have been learning about other educators (twitter connections, of course) using Shelfari or Goodreads.com to use a class account to log their books read as a class.  Sounds like a neat idea!

 Image courtesy of Microsoft Clip Art Gallery




No comments:

Post a Comment