Pages

Oct 2, 2011

Monday Memo - Week of Oct. 3-7


Image from Jen Farr
Here are some of the great things I noticed last week:
*2nd Grade started WIN groups.
*Mrs. Stampfl's students modeled the right/wrong way to clean up word work materials (you would think 5th graders would be "too cool" for this, but they loved it just as much as our younger students do!).
*Mr. Reinke's WIN group was practicing math while doing physical activities (since most of his WIN kiddos have a hard time sitting still).
*Mrs. O'Toole did a PHENONEMAL job leading the entire elementary in the Flash Mob!  I'm sorry that I didn't get to see the real performance, but I heard from several people that it was AWESOME!  Thank you to Mrs. O'Toole for coming up with the flash mob and to Mrs. Kuhn for teaching it in the P.E. classes. 

Events this Week:
Monday - Mentors Meeting 3:05 in Media Center (just mentors, not probationary teachers0
Tuesday - Start of the book fair for library classes. Classroom teachers please come in sometime before Friday to complete your wish list.
Thursday - Feel free to show your Dodgeland Pride today since you'll be dressing professionally on Friday for P/T Conferences.
Friday - 8:00-12:00 P/T Conferences
              12:30-3:00 Staff Development (Common Beliefs on Literacy K-12)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes
*If you took any pictures of any Homecoming events, please share them with me so I can add them to the web page.
*I heard some mixed reactions to the classroom contest for book donations in regards to wearing the alien costume.  We will change the incentive so that the winning class will have a visit by me to their classroom dressed as an alien to read to their class.  If you want to add an extra incentive from yourself for your class, feel free to do so. I'm hoping this will bring in additional books to our classroom libraries.  We will run this contest until Friday, October 14th.  Please count books brought to your room.
*Here's a quick reminder of "Do's and Don'ts" for Parent Teacher Conferences.  Please let me know if you want me to be involved in a conference--my schedule is booking up. 
*Data Days are next week already--if you have not completed all of your Benchmark Assessments, please let me know so I can help you out by teaching during Daily 5 so you can pull your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment