Pages

Mar 20, 2014

Friday Focus - March 22, 2014



Great Things I Noticed this Week:
  • Students making graphs in Pages (of data they collected), writing their own word problems to go with the graph and then air dropping their "assignment" to a partner to complete. 
  • A book club discussion completely led by the students. A couple of times I saw them refer to the anchor chart with discussion prompts, but I heard them say things like, " I think you're right because on page 35 he said..." "I really connected with..." and "This reminds me about in social studies what we learned..."  WOW!!!
  • WRITING, WRITING and more WRITING!  Our kids have been immersed in some wonderful writing opportunities over the last week and it is amazing to see the growth they have made since the start of the year.  Thank you for making time for students to connect their reading and writing to become better readers/writers.
  • A HUGE turnout for our Art Show!!!  Thank you to everyone for hanging up your art work, reminding students to come and for taking down art work to send home. 
Events Next Week:
Monday - PD Day
Nothing else---really? I'm sure that means I missed something! ;)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Summer School: with Marie and MaryBeth out I'm FAR behind on this (among other tasks), but hope to have the summer school packets ready to go out by Tuesday, April 1 for Newsday Tuesday.  That means next week I will also give you all the Teacher Recommendation forms to write out for students that you feel need to come for reading/math over the summer.  Just like previous years, please give me a copy of your letter (because I call home if they don't register) and then be ready to send the letter attached to the front of the summer school packet.  Please also take time to look through the packet with your class and "sell" the many exciting classes they can sign up for. Thank you for your help with this!
*Budget: Yes, I know this is totally different this year, but you do need to write EVERYTHING on the form (except for apps-see Mr. Modaff's email).  It is completely fine if your grade level writes out one budget form together for periodicals/workbooks.  Please continue to let me know if you have any questions, but keep in mind that it's new for me too so I might not have an immediate answer. 

Blogs, Pins & Tweets...Oh My!!
* Use social media to connect with parents & community members.Tell your own story of your school. Don't let others make it up.
*Technology open a school up to the world. Collaboration with that world can transform education. Model being a connected educator.





















And just for a good laugh when you have password issues (this one is different than the one I've shared before):

No comments:

Post a Comment