Pages

Mar 6, 2014

Friday Focus - March 7, 2014



Great Things I Noticed This Week: A Fun Filled Week of Reading
*Kids begging for more "reading storms!" That's music to my ears!
*Great door displays filled with pictures of students reading.  What a great way to show our strong literacy culture.
*I enjoyed "Snuggle Up With a Good Book" family night to celebrate reading together with our Dodgeland families. A HUGE thank you to the Read Across America committee for planning this entire week's events!

Events Next Week:
Monday - Elementary PD Meeting 3:05
*I will be at CESA in the morning for EP training.
Tuesday - Grade Level PLC Meetings
*I will be in Madison for NWEA MAP data training all day
Wednesday - Vision Screening for 1/3/5th grades
Friday - Staff Social (4K/5K)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Monday's staff meeting will be talking about the online program MobyMax for students to practice reading, math, language arts.  Please plan to bring your laptops/iPads. For those of you already using it, I'm going to count on your help to share how you've started using it.
*Tuesday's Grade Level PLC Meetings: Jenny and I will both be at the MAP data training so I will leave it up to you to create your team agendas around curriculum, WIN planning, sharing ideas, etc.
*Please have your part of the hallway walls cleaned off by March 10th for art show art work to be hung up.
*Thank you for your patience as Sarah and I learn what tasks we need to cover while Marie is out. If you have any questions about which of us are handling something you need, just ask.

Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!
*Are you getting ready for March Madness? Here are some ideas to incorporate it in your classroom:
Repurposing March Madness by Dave Burgess
Gearing Up for Our March Madness Book Edition by Melanie Swider






No comments:

Post a Comment