Pages

Sep 25, 2014

Friday Focus - September 26, 2014

Image from Venspired

Great Things I Noticed This Week:

  • Last Friday during a class reflection time students had time to write in their planners what they were proud of for the week and write a goal for the next week. What a great idea to allow parents to see each week!
  • I've seen some classrooms trying out Daily 5 Math. I haven't read anything about it myself, but recognized it by the language and anchor chart of expectations/student behaviors. 
  • I've been seeing lots of writing in classrooms--writing narratives, creative writing (for a made up holiday in August) and writing the next chapter of a book.  
  • Of course, I can't help but notice the awesome school spirit from students and staff!  You all are so much fun to work with!  
Events Next Week:
Monday - I will be out of the building 8:45-11:15 for the DART principals meeting
-Mentors/Mentees meeting in the IMC at 3:05
Tuesday - Tech Tuesday 3:05 (Self Service system to access software)
-Fundraiser packets due
-Our 5th graders on the Trojan Jr Football team finally have a home game at 6:00.
Wednesday - Picture Retake Day
Thursday - Midquarter (yes, already!)
Packers Game Day Attire (yes, jeans too!)
Friday - I will be at CESA 6 for AIMSWeb training (along with Mrs. Cleary, Mrs. Madsen, Mrs. Bartlett and Mrs. Huelsman)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
  • The Juneau Public Library is planning a "celebrity" Read-a-Thon for Saturday, October 11th and is looking for some interested teachers to be "celebrity" readers. Please let me know ASAP if you're interested. This is a great opportunity to help share a passion for reading with our students and get them excited to go to the public library. 
Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!
* This is a team effort on behalf of the kids. Work together, celebrate together, and problem solve together.
*I shared this last year, but have mentioned it to a few this week with youtube issues: Worried about showing your class a youtube clip, because of what might pop up on the side of the screen?  Here's a great tip to keep it safe or "quiet:" Using YouTube Safely in the Classroom








No comments:

Post a Comment