Pages

Sep 4, 2015

Friday Focus - Sept 4



Whew!!! What a Week!
We made it through the first week of school...standing ovation for everyone! Don't you forget how tired you are this time of year?  Not only do we have to get the kids back into the routine, but we have to get used to scheduled bathroom breaks for ourselves and building up our standing or dress shoe stamina...but you made it!!
  • Flexibility - So I can't single out certain people but EVERYONE and how flexible you have been this week...modified schedule (music classes affected), me being in classrooms for read aloud and thus hard to find, recess orientation, new dismissal time, new announcement procedure, etc. Thanks for always showing grace and patience to me, but also to your co-workers.
  • Never giving up - So I know how much fun it is going over the rules and procedures 67 million times but you guys are doing great and your probably want to keep at a little longer.
Events Next Week:
Monday - Labor Day homework: relax, you deserve it!
Tuesday - 3:10-3:30 MAP training part 2. Now that you have Casper focus set I'll walk you through what YOU will do to proctor the test to your class. I'll keep it brief, I promise...the hard part is over (bring BOTH devices)

For your future lesson plans, please mark down: Tuesday, September 15 2:15 Fundraiser Kick-Off Assembly

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:

  • If you haven't done so already, please turn in your schedule to me.
  • Are you interested in teaching an XPD or have a topic that you hope to learn from in an XPD? Please let me know if you're interested or have a suggested. Dr. Thompson needs to get this schedule put together soon.  
  • Check-In on Launching Writers Workshop:
    • Do you have materials figured out and placed in easy to access spots? Do your students know where they are?
    • Have you started teaching those routines that will help keep the mini lesson mini and the active engagement efficient/effective? This includes transitions to the carpet (possibly assigned carpet spots), teacher cues to signal your writers, partners for the active engagement, etc. 
                 I can't wait to see our writers get started...I'm bummed that I don't have my own class to launch this with, so let me know if you ever want an extra hand in your room. I'd be happy to help.


Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!

*Praise the Process: a great 6 min video clip showing how Writers Workshop feedback can help students to develop a growth mindset HERE
























*Note about the "Pins" in this post...MOST are from our own classrooms!!!




















Student-Made Selfies!

No comments:

Post a Comment