Pages

Sep 7, 2015

Monday Musings - Sept. 7

*Last year my Monday Musings posts pretty much disappeared from my weekly routine, replaced by piles and piles of work I was behind on. This year I hope to not let that happen again!



We only have 4 days completed in our school year, but I recognize that these were some of the most important days. We know how important it is to build relationships with students and for our students to build a classroom community that supports learning for one another. While much of my time in these first 4 days was running from room to room to read to classes, I caught glimpses of best practices in setting up classrooms for success: 
  • Class meetings
  • Team building activities
  • Partner activities to get to know each other better
  • Whole class ice breaker activities to get to know one another
  • Students sharing things about themselves with items brought from home
  • Developing class and individual learning goals 
All of this while still building routines/procedures within the classroom to set the stage for success this year. It is amazing to see what you can accomplish in just 4 days!

I appreciate all of your hard work to kick off the year to a solid start in classrooms. I appreciate the welcoming smiles/greetings by all staff in the hallways to help direct parents/students to the right rooms, and all of the extra help offered throughout the day at lunch, recess, dismissal, etc. 







No comments:

Post a Comment