Pages

Nov 9, 2015

Monday Musings - EP Update

I'm still working on reviewing your Student Survey Growth Plans and SLO/PGG's. I appreciate the deep reflection put into analyzing student survey results and making plans to improve your classroom communities with this student input in mind. A common area that many of you have found students to rate lower is: "I am able to do the work given to me." Several of you have used this feedback to help you in planning to differentiate for the various student needs in your classroom. As I ponder this student perception, I can't help but also think about the concept of a Fixed Mindset and a Growth Mindset and the impact that has on how students feel about the work they are given.

Over the next couple of weeks I will be continuing to review/finalize student survey growth plans and your SLO's. Please know that I may be scheduling times to meet with you about your SLO/PPG if I need additional information and to find out how I can help support your goals. Please know that if I meet with you it is not anything to be worried about...it is more for my learning and for my own SLO to support student learning/growth.

I am also continuing to get into classrooms and may give feedback verbally, via email or use my visit to complete a documented walkthrough form in mylearningplan. As you get notifications of my submitted walkthrough form in mylearninpglan, please review it and acknowledge it (and add a comment if you would like). My final step then is to finalize the form. I enjoy the conversations that we get to have about student learning and wish I could meet with everyone after being in a classroom, but it is just not a realistic goal for me. If you ever want to chat after I've been in your classroom, just let me know and we can figure out a time.

Personally, I will share with you that one of my top goals is to be in classroom frequently and to provide you with feedback. As I reflect on the 1st quarter of the school year, I have logged 173 classroom visits and provided feedback just under 70% of the time (either verbal, emailed or in mylearningplan). I hope to increase my rate of feedback in classroom visits during the 2nd quarter of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment