Pages

May 12, 2016

Friday Focus - May 13, 2016

14 Days To Make a Difference!
Are you making the days count or are you counting the days? It's a question that can make a difference for our kids and for you. I have to honestly share that one of my pet peeves is when I see a countdown of school days that puts an emphasis on hurrying up to get out of school, because what message is it really sending to our students? 

Changing the message about the final days of school will have an impact on student engagement and behavior. If you want to have a sign in your room, why not try this one? 
Image created by Jay Posick
Events Next Week:
Monday - 1/3/5 Concert Rehearsal at 1:00, Concert at 6:30pm
Tuesday - 3:15 brief staff meeting in IMC (on end of year tech checkout procedures)
Friday - Staff Social Lunch (support staff)

Future Dates:
Wednesday 5/25 -Workout Wednesday, Bike Safety assembly at 2:15, Staff appreciation dinner
Friday 5/27 - Walkathon
Tuesday 5/31 - carnival (led by 7th grade students during noon recess)
  -grades due
Wednesday 6/1 Report Cards distributed

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*I'm almost finished with Forward testing and then I can begin to schedule MAP make-ups/completions.
*Classroom teachers: Please plan to update the F&P Benchmark google spreadsheet before the end of the year. If you don't remember where to find it: Go to your "shared with me" drive and search for "F&P Benchmark." Do NOT stress over a deadline of this...I just need it in there by the end of the year so I can enter it in EduClimber.
*As you're coming into the final stages of grading for the year, please remember (as always) to use a p for pass for students in intervention during any subjects. 4K/5K also have to make sure to enter the end of term grades.  Just remember...everything should have a grade! You don't want to worry about Mr. Wallesverd hunting you down the first week of summer! ;)
*Who's teaching what? I don't know yet! :) I hope to have an update for everyone sometime next week. Once I have finished "playing dominos" then I can work on getting class lists finalized to put "teacher tags" in EduClimber so you can see your next year student info. 

"SLO's and Doc Logs and Summatives...Oh My" (ok, not exactly the same as Lions and Tigers and Bears!)
*Just like everything else on the to-do list, I'm behind in mylearningplan work too and haven't gotten to the point to give any follow-up reminders of what I haven't checked from you if you haven't turned something in yet. Here's a great reminder of: End Of Year EP Stuff
For those of you in your summative year I will be sending out an email next week to schedule our meetings. I know that many of you will not be done with your SLO's yet and that is completely ok, because your students are still learning! We always manage to work together to get it all done before you leave for the summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment