Pages

Aug 30, 2016

More "Nuts & Bolts" Notes


Wow, our time flew together flew by fast! I apologize that we didn't get to these items below in our meeting, but I left them for the end of our agenda, because really....you can just read them. So, if you have any questions about any of this, please just send me an email or bring it to Wednesday's meeting.

Please complete this quick survey for me: Quick/Painless Survey

*There will be a purple handout from me to please have out on each desk for student/parent handouts. If a family doesn't show up, just send home on the first day. Thank you!

*Do you have any September dates for the calendar? Please send them NOW! Please email them to myself/Sarah. (My previous post said Marie, but she's super busy with a crazy new change in PowerSchool so that's consuming her time.

*2 new sign up sheets in the DES Handbook google folder include:

  • Buddy Classrooms - if you want to keep the buddy class you partnered with last year, please add yourselves in this doc. After a while I will partner up the rest so that everyone has a buddy class. There are no requirements of how often you need to do something with a buddy class, but I'd like for us to not wait until Read Across America week. There are so many good reasons to get older/younger students together throughout the year!
  • Newsletter (each grade level/department must sign up for 2) - The District newsletter is a thing of the past, so our monthly school newsletter will need to be beefed up with all of those great articles that used to go to the district newsletter. Never give up an opportunity to share the good work that is happening in your classrooms!

*Student Announcements will still be on google doc for in your classrooms.
*Lunch count form - no more emails! This link will be in Marie’s daily staff announcements.
*Check out my ew tool to try to solicit Parent Volunteers: http://bit.ly/desvolunteer If you have any ideas for me to put on there now, please let me know. If you want to use this tool for your classroom it was easy to set up, just go to: https://signup.com/volunteerspot/
*Specials schedule - I know there are still concerns about missing specials on Mondays/Fridays when we don't have school. I am planning to create a modified schedule for those weeks, but just haven't gotten to it yet.
*Science stuff in work room...I know that the stuff in the cupboards gets used once in a while, but what about the supplies on top of the cupboards?? Please answer this question in the google form survey (this is the same as the beginning of this post) Quick/Painless Survey
*Staff apparel orders are due by this Friday....but if you can't order now, it's ok!! Sully's in Waupun is going to let us order anytime throughout the year!!!! (I have already planned my new shirt for Homecoming, my Christmas present, and my Birthday present!) We plan to take orders in every 2 weeks.
*Our new elementary student t-shirt will be through the same place, so we will have an initial order to get shirts in for Homecoming, but then I will be taking orders in once a month, so new families can get some Dodgeland Pride too! Here's a sneak peak:





No comments:

Post a Comment