Pages

Jan 20, 2017

Friday Focus - January 20, 2017


Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*I don't know about you, but I'm grateful for time to catch up on a couple of snow days and rediscover what the color of my desk is under the piles!
*When I asked students what they did for the snow days I had several tell me that they wished they would have been in school, because they were bored!
*3rd graders reviewing social studies terms/definitions in a matching game that got them moving around the room and the chance to review several different terms. Then they reflected individually on how well they knew them.
*4th graders reading/discussing famous people to learn about how they overcame adversities to achieve their goals.
*I cannot even count how many students that have shared their excitement of meeting/beating their MAP goals! I love seeing the ownership and pride they have in their learning.  Now....how can we get them to feel that same ownership for the state Forward exam?


Events Next Week:
Monday - PD Day, 2nd Qtr Report Card Grades due
    Bandorama Concert at 7:30pm

Wednesday - Report Cards to be distributed

-I will be out of the building on Thursday an Friday

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Please make sure to get your Honor Roll and On a Roll names into the google doc.

Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!!!
*22 Powerful Closure Activities








No comments:

Post a Comment