Pages

Jan 2, 2017

Welcome to 2017!


We always go back to northern Minnesota (way, way north...close to Canada!) where it feels like the middle of nowhere with sketchy internet service. At this time of the year, it's my favorite so I can disconnect, read good books, eat northern Minnesota walleye, and enjoy spending time with family. After we were back home and unpacked I took time for myself to reflect on my personal and professional goals, providing myself with a renewed sense of purpose.


I hope that winter break provided each of you with much deserved time to relax, enjoy your family and have extra time to do whatever you enjoy to rejuvenate to bring on 2017! I know that, together, we will make 2017 awesome at Dodgeland!



No Events this Week!  (Did I forget something?)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Keep in mind that as you come back from break you may need to treat the first days back just like the first days of school; reviewing expectations, practicing routines, class community building, etc.

*The support staff and I will be on the lookout for a mystery behavior each week in the lunch room and on the playground. I explain it in this video: Dodgeland Mystery Behavior  Please make sure to show your class this video on Tuesday morning so they know all about it and remind them before lunch/recess.  I will have tickets in the mail room so that you can also hand them out when on recess duty.
This week's mystery behavior is: Inside voices in the lunch room and putting equipment away at recess. Please DO NOT tell students, just be on the lookout for it and hand out tickets to those that you see displaying this.   Thank you for your help with this!
*I have moved the MAP testing window to be January 9-19th. This will allow us to use MAP data for our PD day on Monday, January 23rd. Please don't wait until the end of the window, because your students may not finish or you may have absences.


No comments:

Post a Comment