Pages

Dec 14, 2017

Friday Focus - December 15, 2017



Great Things I Noticed this Week:
I appreciate the work that you each put in to highlighting the literacy work in each grade level for our literacy alignment activity. It was great to see the work happening at each grade level and to hear the discussions across grade levels/teams about supporting all students. The deep thinking work that our students are doing in reading and writing is incredible at each grade level. I cannot wait to see the stronger readers and writers we are creating together!


Events Next Week:

Tuesday - Bring a good book for YOU to read too during the Reading Blizzard
K/2/4th grade concert
Wednesday - Workout Wednesday
Thursday - Pajama Day
Friday - Festive Holiday Attire

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Thank you to everyone for trying to keep things as normal as possible (I know that's a challenge) while we count down the days to Christmas. The more we stray from the routine, the more our students get off track. This is also the time of year to keep in mind parent perceptions...if students come home saying all they did was watch movies, do crafts and have parties then parents will be more likely to take students out of school on these days in the future. We can still learn a lot while tying in the theme of the year.

*You were all SO creative with your holiday photo booth pics...I had a blast getting to use the green screen app and add backgrounds to your pictures. I can't wait to share these with you next week! If you haven't ventured to use the green screen with your students I will tell you it is super easy to use the app to add in backgrounds and you know first hand it is fun to get in front of the camera too.  If you ever want to try the green screen to put students right into the setting of their story or history for whatever they are learning, researching or presenting, let me know if I can help. I'm sure Ms. Abegglen or Mrs. Porter would too. 

Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!!!
*Helping Students Make New Year's Resolutions: A Step-by-Step Plan








No comments:

Post a Comment