Pages

Dec 8, 2017

Friday Focus - December 8, 2017

Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*4th graders writing a paragraph about the main idea and supporting details about the nonfiction passage they read. I was so impressed with how well written their paragraphs were, I felt I was in a high school classroom!
*A specific student being incredibly attentive and engaged in his work while working from a standing desk in class (when he usually puts his head down and often nods off). It was great to see him being successful!
*4K students independently identifying numbers up to 20...wait, they're 4, when did they learn that??!!!
*The longest line in the lunch room...not for lunch, but to sign up for days to wash tables. I couldn't believe that many students wanted to help!
*One of our practicum students shared how impressed he was with how our students behave, as well as our curriculum in comparison to other schools he has had practicums in.

Upcoming Events:
Monday - PD Day
Wednesday - Christmas Photo Booth Fun (We will have the green screen and props ready for staff fun holiday photos...please feel free to bring anything extra that will be fun for you and your colleagues!)
Thursday - Badger Attire Day (jeans too!)
Friday - I will be out of the building

Monday starts the 10 Days before Christmas break. You know I don't like countdowns, but I love using these days to give you something fun or yummy each day. My hope is that this will help you feel like you're not just surviving these days before winter break, but to keep you thriving! I won't tell you all the days, but you've likely already seen the parent newsletter calendar that gave away the special dress days and I'll also let you know a couple of extras, so you're prepared:




Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!!!
*8 Ways to Refocus after a Stressful Week in the Classroom
*Positive Words Go a Long Way




No comments:

Post a Comment