Pages

Aug 13, 2012

August 13 Memo

It's hard to believe that the school year is quickly approaching!  I have seen many of you in the building already preparing for the new year (and making me feel behind!)  Here are some updates and some resources to share with you:

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes
*If you click on the "Schedules" tab on my memo blog you'll see that I'm adding all the schedules for the year as I complete them.  These will also be in your binders, but I know that many of you are already wanting to plan.  I have also printed out an individual class schedule that is in your mailbox.  I made the specials schedule all on one google doc this year, which is a different format for us. Please let me know if you have any questions on it.
*Disclaimer--the schedule is NEVER perfect!  Even with more of Mrs. Kopfer's time for our elementary music classes, we still had some MS/HS class times to work around which puts kinks into it.  A couple of other priorities in scheduling is making sure that 4/5th grades have a READ 180 block (at separate times), Mrs. Bader's 5K class is split to attend specials with 2 other classes so they're all at the same times, and with Mrs. Hendricks co-teaching for Literacy/Math in Mrs. Zastrow and Mrs. Larson's classrooms those schedules had to be opposite. I do wish I could give you all the dream schedule you want!

Resources from Pinterest/Twitter/Blogs I follow:
*As you're preparing to launch Daily 5/Cafe again this year, here's a great series of blog posts on Getting Started. 

*Kohls has partnered with TED-ed on a contest for educators to share lessons. The chosen lessons will be professionally animated and live on ed.ted.com.  You all have amazing ideas to share, so if you'd like to do this you can find out more info here.

*An "oldie, but a goody"...10 Tips for the First Days of School from Harry and Rosemary Wong.   I used to review my Harry Wong book before the start of each year.

*The "Motherload" of SMARTBoard files http://www.jmeacham.com/smart.board.htm  Includes some bucket filling files.

*August is "Connected Educators" month and has been filled with free online webinars. You can find recordings of the kick off here. 







No comments:

Post a Comment