Pages

Oct 26, 2015

Monday Musings - October 26

After an enjoyable 3 day weekend with no profound thoughts to reflect on (other than gratefulness of time to rejuvenate) I peeked at older posts for ideas on what to share in my Monday Musings and decided to revise a previous post since we have Workout Wednesday this week...














The above tweet has a great connection to Workout Wednesday this week; you can read the full article from that tweet HERE. 

The article shares some great ideas for adding movement to the classroom (in addition to the great brain breaks you all already do).  I couldn't help looking at the brain scan image and also reflecting on  how much I personally struggle in our PD days or at conferences when I have to 
sit for an extended period of time...I end up fidgeting, feel the need to stand, look forward to the bathroom break to get to move my legs and sometimes beg Mrs. Kuhn if I can borrow a yoga ball to sit on.  Think about how long some of our students sit...on the bus before school, at breakfast, in the classroom, at lunch, the bus ride home, etc.  Keep in mind what their brain scans might look like if they were taken in your classroom.  Are they getting a chance for movement? Are they getting that needed blood flow/oxygen to their brain so they're ready to learn? 

Try to add in some extra movement this week and especially join your students in some exercise on Wednesday...I'll bet you'll enjoy the movement too!

No comments:

Post a Comment