Pages

Oct 5, 2015

Monday Musings - October 5

I saw this quote from Shel Silverstein and wanted to share it with you this week.  Imagine if we all professed the final two lines to all the children we see each day.  "Then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child, anything can be." 

We need to provide the supports and encouragement for children to reach their goals.  We need to pick them up when they're feeling down on themselves or just don't even know what they are capable of.  I have shared with you before that I was one of those children with a dysfunctional home life and it was the supportive teachers that I know are why I was able to accomplish the things I did in school and most importantly, to develop the belief that I could do anything I set my mind to, that there were no limits other than in my own mind.  It was my teachers that coached me through difficult times, instilling in me that I would have to work hard, yet encouraging me along the way.

So, I challenge you to connect with that one student who will see you as their mentor, their "one person." I'm positive that it will amaze you!




No comments:

Post a Comment