Pages

Sep 22, 2016

Friday Focus - September 23, 2016


Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*1:1 conferences with students to give student ownership of their reading goals for this year and this quarter. 
*2nd graders working to improve their fact fluency using XtraMath. They got excited by seeing each set that turned green (because they were mastered) and seemed eager to get back in to practice/master additional facts.
*3rd graders learning how to have book club conversations. 
*A 5th grader finished reading a novel and passed it on to me, because she said it was so good and knew I would enjoy it. I love that we have a school community of readers that make book recommendations to others, including the adults!
*Our interventionists met for hours to collaboratively analyze data to shore up our reading intervention criteria.



Events Next Week:
Monday - Color Day
Tuesday - Hawaiian Day
 - Staff flu shot clinic after school
Wednesday - TyeDye or Neon (or both!)
Thursday - Western/Cowboy Day
Friday - Dodgeland Pride
 Homecoming Pep Assembly 1:00 (I'd recommend having backpacks packed up before hand...just in case)
 Early Dismissal 2:20
Parade 4:30 (line-up at 4:00

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*Please take pics of your kiddos with each dress up day to share. I'll have a google drive folder for Homecoming week or you can just email me. I plan to post pictures at the end of each day to our school Facebook page. 
*I will be sending out emails regarding MAP make-up/completion testing for next week. 
*This is Caryn's last week with us in the District Office, after 32 years of dedicated service to Dodgeland. Please make sure to say goodbye and wish her well into retirement. :)
*Thank you to those of you who have shared your tech integration in the Schoology Group. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's what I shared last week: 
Staff Schoology assignment-yes you read that right, I've given you all an assignment.  Please go into Schoology and the group "Dodgeland Elementary Staff." Once you are there go to the discussion on "Technology Integration Share." (It's the only discussion prompt so far.) Please post at least one time to share one way you have integrated technology in your classroom so far this year.  I encourage you to check back to see what others are sharing to get ideas and reply to ask further questions if needed. Please do this by September 30th.  Don't be afraid to ask a friend if you need help getting into the group. 

Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!!!
If we don't teach kids how to manage stress, we will have more and more future mental wellness issues.









No comments:

Post a Comment