Pages

May 2, 2013

Friday Focus -May 3


Great Things I Noticed This Week:
*Students already creating with some of the new iPad apps we learned last week...Toontastic and Book Creator. I can't wait to see the end results!
*For a reading mini-lesson the teacher used a paragraph from a novel that a few students had read. They were able to practice applying the mini-lesson reading skill as a class, but the teacher also took a moment to "advertise" that book in their classroom library (the few that read it got excited and helped "sell" it) while just reading a paragraph together as a class.
*I joined in on a hallway book discussion on a book series and when the students learned I had only read book 1, one of them brought me his copy of book 2 the following day to borrow...I love how big our reading community has become!

Events Next Week:
Today - Yes, it's already mid-quarter! Send home progress reports.
Monday - Mentors/Probationary Teachers meeting 3:05 in the IMC
Thursday - Spring Concert (1, 3, and 5th grades) at 6:30 pm

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
* Please make sure to be out on time for your recess duty. My best tip is to let your students know it's your day for duty and they won't let you forget! With "spring fever" spreading, this is when our students need us to be active with our supervision out there. As I've said before...Move, Scan, Interact.

Blogs, Pins & Tweets...Oh My!
*
The secret to making sure students don't act like the school year is over is to make sure teachers don't act like the school year is over.

*Here's a new teacher blog I'm stalking for awesome 1:1 iPad ideas: http://www.mrswideen.com/
*A blog post on the power of Shared Reading
*A great list of favorite picture books for Shared Reading
Summer bucket list, description Here

No comments:

Post a Comment