Pages

May 20, 2013

Monday Musings - May 20

Celebrating Success
Grandparents/Students added Bucket Filler Drops to create flowers on our bulletin boards.

Friday was a wonderful day for Dodgeland.  Our Grandparents Day committee put in great effort to pull off another successful day with over 300 guests in attendance.  Each teacher worked with their students to prepare something to be shown during their classroom time, Mrs. Kopfer and Mrs. Battenberg prepared students to entertain musically, other teachers/support staff pulled together at the last minute to assist with lunch room clean-up/set-up for our guests, and Mr. Mane and Mr. Lange stood in the rain to direct parking. It truly takes our entire Dodgeland family (staff and students) to make such a day a memorable event.  I heard several positive comments from Grandparents throughout the afternoon and as they were leaving the building.  It is the days like Grandparents Day, days with our special traditions, that we get to celebrate as a Dodgeland Family and show community members and relatives how amazing our school is.  And by school, I do not mean the building itself; I mean the awesome staff and students!

Aside from our traditions that help create wonderful school memories in our students, I also enjoy the culture of success that we have created for our students.  Just last week I heard from several staff and students about progress being made in their reading and math this year.  The best part of the week for me was when a student came to my office and handed me a post-it note...

She couldn't wait to show me that she got a 405 on her SMI (she started the year at Emergent). Talk about growth!  

As we're trying to wind down the school year, I know that it is flying by fast with field trips and other special events.  Make sure to take time to reflect and celebrate with your students, because you have all worked so hard all year!



No comments:

Post a Comment