Pages

May 27, 2013

Monday Musings - May 27


A great year is quickly coming to a close.  When we close our classroom doors on the 2012-2013 school year it will be a time to reflect, rejuvenate, and renew for the new school year. 

I hope each of you were able to gather feedback from our students with the added student surveys this year. Have the courage to listen and take to heart what they have to share. It isn't always easy to swallow the lumps dished our way, however, in order to grow and change we must listen because the students' perception is the students' reality. 

Just as you have all grown, this has been a year of growth for me as well.  I took feedback, both positive and negative, and used it to help me in my personal and professional growth. I spent a lot of time reflecting and reading about leadership and other education topics. I connected with other educators/administrators that I see as mentors and learned from their growth.  While I will still be in the building for most of the summer (for summer school), I am looking forward time to read, reflect and continue to grow before next year. 

While I have fun summer plans that include enjoying swimming and fishing with my family, I'm also looking forward to my summer reflection/learning plan.  My summer learning plan includes: attend two leadership conferences, attend the Regional Summer Teacher Academy, read several books (the top of the stack includes: Teach Like a Pirate, The Collaborative Administrator, Bringing out the Best in Teachers...don't worry, there's several books for pleasure reading on the stack too!) and follow the twitter hashtag chats to gain ideas to share for 1:1 iPads (if you want to check them out they are: #1to1techat and #ipaded).  As I find new ideas I plan to continue adding them to the "iPad Resources" page of this blog for you. Please let me know if you find a resource to share. 

What is your summer learning plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment