Pages

Sep 19, 2013

Friday Focus - September 20, 2013


I feel completely disconnected from the great things that I know are happening in your rooms having been in the computer lab all week for MAP testing, but have heard comments from kids at recess, such as:
  • "We got to 5 minutes of reading stamina today!"
  • "I used Educreations to explain my math on the iPad."
  • "This is the nicest school I've ever been to." (New student that has been to a few schools)
Events Next Week:
Tuesday - Grade Level PLC meetings. I will be in and out of assisting with testing, so Joyce and Jenny will be helping you to look at what the MAP test data means. 

Am I forgetting something?  Just one event seems odd! 

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*I'm hoping to have a "for your next MAP test session" handout to email/put in mailboxes for next week. I plan to just be there for you to get started and then leave. I will also be "on call" for the MS/HS testing. 
*Do NOT feel bad if you are still working on classroom routines/procedures. It's better to spend more time now than to have to correct bad habits down the road. 

iPad Tip of the Week:
Tired of the sounds your iPad makes when you type ("click, click, click") or get emails?  Tap on Settings; Sounds and then see a list of possible reasons your iPad could be making noises! See the screenshot below.  Here you'll see that mine has "alert" next to new mail. If you click on Alert it will bring up a list of options and you can choose "None."  See also down at the bottom how "Keyboard Clicks" is on? You can just tap the on and change it to off. There, no more annoying sounds!


















Blogs, Pins & Tweets...Oh My!
Blog post on "Improving Narrative Writing" HERE





















No comments:

Post a Comment