Pages

Sep 26, 2013

Friday Focus - September 27, 2013

Image from Venosdale

Great Things I Noticed This Week:
*Daily 5 stamina getting higher and higher in each classroom!
*Teachers sharing their iPad ideas with each other to benefit other classrooms.
*Incredible amount of patience/flexibility when technology doesn't work right.
~Can you tell I've still been spending my time in the labs for MAP testing? ;)

Events Next Week:
Monday - I will not be here. 
New Teachers/Optional Refresher Meeting at 3:05 in IMC on EP Student Surveys led by Mr. Weiss and Mrs. Modaff

Thursday -MidQuarter
11:15-11:30 Special assembly for 5K-5 in the elementary gym. I've been sworn to secrecy not to tell you what it is for, if you try to pry it out of me then you will have to sing on the stage. ;)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*I know you all want more time to better know the MAP data, especially before P/T Conferences. I will plan on that being a major topic at our October 14th meeting. 
*If you are not done with your Self-Assessment in mylearningplan, don't stress. I'll give you until Friday, October 4th.
*Your SLO goals are NOT due yet, so don't worry about them.  We will be training you on SLO October 7 (the 8th if you need to attend with ms/hs)

iPad Tip of the Week:
Are you tired of having to type in your email address over and over in browsers? Do you often send emails or type other notes that have the same phrase over and over? You can create keyboard shortcuts on your iPad so that for one of those phrases you only have to type a couple of letters and it completes whatever phrase you want. For example, whenever I type jj my iPad automatically enters my full email address or if I type sm it automatically enters SMARTBoard.  Watch this screencast (made in Educreations) to see how. Let me know if you need extra help on this:


Blogs, Pins & Tweets...Oh My!

50 of the Best Resources for iPads in Education










No comments:

Post a Comment