Pages

Jan 17, 2014

Friday Focus - January 17, 2014


Great Things I Noticed this Week:
*We had many great tech demonstrations at the Tech Showcase. Our student presenters did an amazing job of being able to explain how to use the apps they are using in the classrooms and showed that they are learning while having fun.  I heard many positive comments from parents/community members about the great things we are doing at Dodgeland!
*I've already heard some students excitedly tell me at lunch that they're MAP score went up.  When I asked each why they think it went up, they each said it was because they read every day and use their strategies from Daily 5.  When one student told me her score went down for ready, she said she knew she didn't try as well as she should have and needs to read more.  It is great to hear our students having a growth mindset!

Events Next Week:
Tuesday - Grade Level Meetings (agenda below)
Friday - Early Release at 12:20 for Report/Planning Day.
Monday, January 27 2nd qtr grades due by 7:30 am

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*For Tuesday's grade level meetings we will be doing a mid-year check on how we're working together as PLC's.  I will be putting a blank "Evolutionary Checklist for Professional Learning Teams" in your boxes. Please spend a few minutes to rate your team and bring it to the meeting to discuss.  This is the same tool that we used at the start of the year as we created our norms...now's the time to check our PLC progress.  I know we won't all have MAP data, but would like to also talk about how we will be using data with students.
*Thank you for your patience in trying to find me with MAP testing going on. I will also be working on ACCESS testing of our ELL students.  Mrs. Fobes/Mrs. Nehls will be doing most of the testing, however, I am completing the speaking and full kindergarten assessments (which are both 1:1 assessments) so I may seem to be MIA for a while.

Blogs, Tweets & Pins...Oh My!
*Blog post about using iPads: Reflection and Engagement
*Increasing Math Literacy with iPads
  Critical thinking often leads to ungoogleable answers.



No comments:

Post a Comment