Pages

Oct 23, 2012

Fall Festival Focus Day

(Sorry, but that was the best title I could come up with to substitute for Friday Focus on a short week! The short week and my Tuesday absence is also the reason for my lack of "Great Things I Noticed This Week" section.)

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes
*You have the schedule for Thursday PD day, but please also make sure to bring your teacher math manuals  to our math curriculum PD.  We will be working with MaryAnn Hudziak from CESA6. I will be meeting with MS/HS staff about WKCE testing at 8:45, so I will likely be a few minutes late to join you and MaryAnn will have to start without me there to introduce her (sorry it was the only time to meet with MS/HS staff).

Events Next Week: Red Ribbon Week
*I will be involved with MS/HS WKCE testing next week, so I may be hard to find (or in the WKCE "cave"  next to my office preparing elementary test bins for the following week!)
Monday - "Put a cap on drugs" (hat day)
Tuesday - "Sock it to Drugs Day" (crazy socks)
4th grade WKCE presentation at 12:30
Wednesday - "Dreaming Big" (PJ's day)
Elementary WKCE Meeting at 7:35 in the Media Center (for 3-5th and other staff proctoring)
Thursday - "Red Rally Day" (wear red)
Friday - "School Spirit Day" (Dodgeland attire/Purple as always)
5th Grade WKCE Presentation at 12:30
3rd Grade WKCE Presentation at 2:15

*By the way...I do update all elementary events on our website in case you forget what each day is. This would be a perfect reason to show your class on the SMARTBoard of how to find the calendar at home. It's here or just go the Dodgeland website, Schools, Elementary and the main page shows the calendar.


Blogs, Pins and Tweets...Oh My!
Choice Literacy is becoming one of my favorite sources of literacy articles, here's a couple of great finds this week:
*Great article on Putting the Mini back in Mini-lessons 
*Mini Lessons to start conversations with students about books

No comments:

Post a Comment