Pages

Oct 7, 2012

Monday Memo - Week of Oct. 8


Great Things I Noticed Last Week:
*Many 5K students are already reading!
*A classroom reread and re-signed their class mission statement while discussing some of the issues that had been disruptive to their learning goals. What a great way to put the ownership on the students!
*2nd graders eagerly sharing their writing during Daily 5 reflection time.
*A 5th grade class has already made it to 50 minutes of reading stamina!
*We filled the commons for Family BINGO Night on Friday. Thank you for promoting this with your classes...everyone had fun!

Events This Week:
Monday - MidQuarter: send progress reports home
Tuesday - Grade Level Meetings in the Data Room (see previous email sent out regarding our agenda)
Wednesday - Fire Safety presentations to 5K/5th grade classes
      Unity Day -wear orange
Thursday - PTO Meeting at 3:05 in Media Center
Friday - Staff Social Lunch (2nd grade & Hendricks)
1st Grade Field Trip


"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*After I posted feedback last Friday I received a great suggestion that I think will be helpful for everyone. Starting this Friday I will be switching my posts so that the Friday Focus will contain what I typically put in my Monday Memo. This way you have all the information for the following week by Friday morning to help you with your planning.  I need to come up with a new title for the Monday Memo, which will be a post of my reflections that you chose to read.  (Let me know if you have a nifty MM title!)

Blogs, Tweets and Pins, Oh MY!
*
Tonight's chat archive is ready!   
(Go here for the archive of the last Daily 5 chat on twitter)
Anchor chart on non-fiction text features, from this post. 


Anchor Chart on retelling. This post has many other anchor charts.

Anchor chart on written responses (sorry I can't find the blog post that goes with this)


No comments:

Post a Comment