Pages

Oct 11, 2013

Friday Focus - October 11, 2013



Great Things I Noticed This Week:

  • Students sitting and reading their books in the Media Center right after checking them out...several of them walking back to their classrooms while reading.  
  • One class taking a few minutes before Daily 5 for student book talks to share just enough information about a great book they each just read to "advertise" it to their peers.
  • Students referring to the word wall to spell words correctly during work on writing. 

Events Next Week:
Monday - Elementary PD Mtg. Agenda HERE  *there is a XPD at 3:30 so our meeting will need to be done by then.
Saturday - PTO annual Craft Fair/Bake Sale and added CAR SHOW this year. Come for good holiday shopping and goodies!

"Nuts & Bolts" Notes:
*For P/T Conferences:
-I will be creating a MAP results explanation letter to help you in explaining the information to parents.  -Please let me know if you need the "Student Goal Setting Worksheets" printed off for your class.
-3-5th grade teachers will also have a WKCE parent letter/brochure. If parents do not show then we will need to mail it home.
-If you have any conferences you would like me to join you for, please let me know as my times are filling up.
*I'll be adding "Caught Being Bucket Fillers" to the bulletin board by the office to recognize students that are carrying out this theme. Please help me by just sending me an email of someone and what they did. I will take their picture and add it to the board with what they did to be a bucket filler.  I've got a few to add up already, but need your help to keep this going.

iPad Tip of the Week: Need to Turn iPad caps lock on? To type a capital letter on the onscreen keyboard you first tap the left or right shift key, then the letter. If you need to type a whole word in caps this can be painful. Save time typing in caps by turning the caps lock on. To do this double tap on either shift key.


Blogs, Pins & Tweets...Oh My!
*
“If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.”
Great ideas on how to teach students about growth mindset HERE
click HERE for awesome post/ideas on Guided Reading made easy


No comments:

Post a Comment